Friday, March 10, 2017

Art show....................

An artist who was teaching at the college came to my house last spring to see my art stuff.  She fell in love with my journals as well as these boxes I have on my wall (assemblages) and asked me to be in an art show as the featured artist.  I still don't believe it.  The art show was held and many of my friends came and my daughter, Catherine came down from Billings to be with me.  

My journals have always been private but she asked me to bring a bunch of them and I could let people read them if I wanted but I didn't have to.  They loved looking at them and commenting on the illustrations and it felt so good to remove the stigma of somebody reading them and be able to share.  It was a very heady experience.  Now I look at my art in a completely different way.  
                                                                  Diane

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment